Monday, March 13, 2006

Holi ???

So, its holi time again...
Time for colours, gulaal, sweets, and celebration.......

And for me, a time that pushes me back to memories best buried away.

Day before holi was when I last saw dad. I remember focusing on his breathing, feeling/ knowing somewhere within my heart that it would probably be the last time I saw him so....
Wish I could have been wrong.....the call came in when 2 hours later when I was back at home (I escaped from the hospital coz intuition told me if I stayed I would have to face something I could never be prepared for)

Holi was the day they brought him from the hospital.
Everyone kept telling me I should go outside and see him one last time....I didnt budge. Maybe I acted like a coward....the reason I gave them was I didnt want to remember him that way.....

And................Holi was one of his favourite festivals

No comments: