Friday, August 08, 2008

Let go

Well, thanks to Prakriti, am reminded of something from long back, and let me for a change write share some positive lines
Lots of years ago, one of my friends was once in a big mess, and was really really down in the dumps.....There was nothing i cud do or say to help.....
We used to be colleagues back then, and she used to sit right next to me....

One day, while sifting through cards at archies, I came across one that had a beautiful message on it. It was something I felt like saying to her and for her to always be reminded of. Giving the card to her wouldn't take care of the second part, so I just bought it and pinned it at my desk :)

A couple of years passed and things thankfully got sorted out for her. But the card always remained at my desk (until some time back when i switched jobs)". This is what it had to say -

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God

Because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone,
I hung around,

And tried to help with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried: "How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said,

"What could I do........ you never did let go"

So let go, when all else fails, place your trust in god and leave the rest to him

1 comment:

Nicks said...

Beautiful!!! Thats it. Nothing more nothing less. Such inspiring words. In fact, i have taken a print out of these words and placed them on my desk. :)
After your last post, its a welcome, refreshing and positive change. :) Keep writing and be +ve. :)
Looking forward to your next post.